I turned on the heat this morning. Like literally, not figuratively. Because as fabulous as I’d like to think I am, this girl cannot rock the bed head, crusty eyes and morning breath. It takes a good hour to un-crust and drink my coffee with pinkies up. So literally, I turned on the heat and I sat at the computer desk listening to my pitch-fork wielding self argue with my halo sporting self about why I should eat that chocolate pie in the fridge for breakfast.
Chocolate pie. Cold morning. Hot coffee. Enough said.
Judah had the day off from school and it was a much needed break for all of us. He’s been rockin’ school like a boss, but a three day weekend appeals to everyone’s pitch fork wielding, chocolate-pie-for-breakfast self.
Speaking of school…We had Judah’s IEP meeting this week. Both Judah’s teacher and I have been talking about increasing Judah’s time in the classroom, the goal being that relatively soon, he’ll be participating in the entire 8:45am to 11:15am school morning. We also needed to complete Judah’s speech evaluation which resulted in adding more speech therapy time to his routine as well. I also finally got in touch with the Regional Center and after almost four months of waiting, we should be hearing from them next week about getting the process started for in home therapies. Bingo! Good news all around regarding Judah and school.
This week I’m grateful for…
1. Cozy, rainy, Fall days followed by sunshine to dry it all up.
2. Double dates at home with our sitter and her boyfriend that included steak, chocolate pie and laughing.
3. Jacob’s new found love of toy baby strollers. That boy owns his pink stroller.
4. Diapers.com for shipping overnight and saving me from yet another cloth diaper disaster (we love cloth, but Judah now pulls them off)
5. And for being reminded that exactly where I am right now, being a wife and mother, is exactly where I am supposed to be.
We are ready for Josh to be home and to get our weekend with Daddy started. Have any plans for these next two days?